Internships: PR is not Public Relations it is PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS — Krista Parry

"Do what you love and love what you do.”-- Chris Walker

As a PR student at Mohawk College I am one step closer to confirming my aspirations towards a career in the public relations field. I have always been very organized and found planning exciting so I think this industry may be the perfect career path for me. That's not to say that PR is just about organization and planning, there's a lot more to it than just that as I am sure I will discover during my internship at CILQUE.


Prior to the news that Cilque wanted to take me on as their intern there was an interview process, which I'm sure everyone went through or will go through at some point. Needless to say I have never felt so comfortable in an interview and eager to just start working for free. I think it had to do with who was interviewing me and the image of their brand. Both of these elements really resonated with me in such a way where I felt excited and as if I had already been chosen. About two days later I received the call while on my break at my current part time job and sure enough it was the call that offered me the internship position at Cilque and I could not have been happier.


Heres a bit of information about CILQUE for those of you who may be wondering. CILQUE is a new company that embraces nourishing your natural body keeping you beautiful. Not only do their products feel great and transform your sleeping experience but the added décor aesthetic makes your boudoir a more luxurious one. CILQUE receives their silk from one of its wealthiest provinces known worldwide for its superior silk production, Jiangsu Province, in China and produces natural products packaged in recyclable boxes made here in Canada's own Montreal, Quebec.

As their PR intern I am responsible for their social media which includes, but is not limited to: Tweeting, posting updates on our Facebook page, writing weekly blogs, creating media lists and categorizing industries in various niche markets, developing a story with tailored pitches, product/news releases, gaining more likes and followers on social network platforms and a lot more.

So far I am really enjoying the work from home and phone call meeting aspect of it all and things keep getting better. With all that in mind, though I am in my 3rd year studies as a collaborative student from Brock University I am optimistic about the opportunities that will be waiting for me once I graduate in 2013.

This is CILQUE
Visit their website for more info
WWW.CILQUE.COM

Comments