Mohawk Collaborate Program




After completing my first year at Brock University, I was approached by the program coordinator who had reviewed my marks and suggested that I apply to be in the collaborative program.  At first I was confused and didn't quite understand what a collaborative program was.  After a lengthy explanation, it was almost a no brainer.

The benefits of being in a collaborative program are outstanding.  In a nut shell, a collaborative program is a program that allows students to attend two schools (University and College) in the same length of time it would take to get a University degree, while simultaneously receiving a graduate certificate.

After doing some research, I found that Mohawk college had the most promising program.  In addition, in the previous year the Public Relations Program was voted number one in student satisfaction.

I must admit, I was very concerned and intimidated when I thought about attending a graduate program after only having finished 2 years at Brock.  However, it was one of the greatest educational decisions I have ever made.  I have learned an incredible amount of information in the program, and I am not even done the first semester.  The practicality and hands on experience method of learning is extremely beneficial.

Generally, when students finish their programs in University they are unsure of what they want to do.  Students are inundated with theory and knowledge that is useful, but not necessarily the hands on and practical learning they require to find a career.  Mohawk certainly gives students this opportunity.  In addition, with the internship component in the program students are able to network and experience the workforce in its entirety.

More specifically, the Public Relations program at Mohawk is excellent.  And it has been said that Public Relations is the fastest growing field in North America.  For students just completing their first year of University, a collaborative program is definitely something worth looking in to.  Mohawk college fosters a professional learning environment that is proven to give students what they are looking for.


 


Comments