Work Placement



The Mohawk Public Relations program has taught me a lot so far. The professors are great but the real learning happens when you get to apply all your knowledge in a work environment. I choose to do my work placement at the Ontario Tennis Association (OTA) because it combines my interest in sports and Public Relations. 

     The OTA is the governing body for tennis in Ontario which means they do a variety of things. Being in an office environment is great you get a feel for what the working world will be like. Every time I come to the office there are smiling faces and friendly people who are always happy to help. The people at the OTA are like a great big family. 

Besides the friendly employees there is a lot of work that gets done at the OTA. Some of the work I have gotten to take part in, includes, media releases, blog posts, social media posting and monitoring as well as developing a brochure for everyday use. This work placement has allowed me to develop my writing skills though the weekly E-news blasts that are sent to members. Everything that I have learned inside the classroom I have been able to apply to my work placement. 

             In the end I believe that having the ability to learn inside and outside the classroom is invaluable which is why I choose the public relations program at Mohawk College. 

Comments