Field Placement with Global Spectrum - Hamilton Bulldogs Block Party Event

By: Rebecca Bartley


On Friday, October 11, The Hamilton Bulldogs and Global Spectrum partnered together to host the very first Hamilton Bulldogs Block Party. As a recent marketing intern with Global Spectrum, I was asked to participate in this event as the representative for Global Spectrum, working my own promotion table that night. 




York Street was closed down in front of Copps Coliseum in order to host the block party, which featured activities such as a hockey arena for kids to play in, a food truck with free hotdogs, hockey posters for sale, meet and greets with Hamilton Bulldogs players (free autographs), as well as company venue promotion such as Molson Canadian Beer, Y108 radio station, and of course my own promotion table with Global Spectrum.




         

Representing Global Spectrum, I had the opportunity to meet a variety of different people that night. This was probably the best part of the night for me! Most of the people I met that night were Hamilton locals, as we discussed topics revolving around the City of Hamilton and its history. 

At my table, I got to promote Global Spectrum as well, offering flyers with upcoming events and answering any questions revolving around the company and events that would be taking place at Copps Coliseum, Hamilton Place, and Molson Canadian Studio over the next few months. I also had a special draw at my table, which offered people the chance to enter and win a pair of 2 tickets to see Brad Paisley performing at Copps Coliseum on October 17th, with the draw taking place on this upcoming Tuesday morning.





At the end of the day, the feedback I received was amazing and it was great to connect with others who had the same history as me growing up in the City of Hamilton. It was a successful event overall, packed full of hockey fans of all ages!



 

Comments