Communicating Graphics

I remember when I first started my three year course in Graphic Design at Mohawk College, I was totally engaged and loved every minute of it. It was so fun being able to create original content and seeing it printed and holding it in my hands. However, the last year was very discouraging. It was the first time they had the three year choice and everything seemed very unorganized and it made me lose my faith in starting a career in the field.

I didn't know what to do with myself once I had graduated. I spoke to a few of my friends on what they plan on doing and I remember helping out a friend with his graphics homework while he was in the Public Relations program here at Mohawk. I figured maybe I can start a career in that field and thought my experience with graphic design would definitely help. I was very glad when I found out that I was right.

I can't count how many times graphic design is brought up with guest speakers and in our lectures. This alone has made me want to fine tune my growing skills with public relations. This also becomes evident with our print applications class, I could have been exempt from this class but I figured this would be a nice way to refresh my skills and help out the other students in the class as well. :)



Comments