Print Design - Own Designs

Hey everyone! Sometimes, when I am at home or on break during class, I like to draw from what we have learned in the Print Design class to come up with some designs of my own. These designs usually make use of basic elements and principles, colour, and so forth.


 

These are two posters that I started designing for my group's client work about a week or two ago, although we changed our plans before I could finish these so they may look off. I chose blue and white as my colour scheme for both, not only because of their logo but also because blue is a calm colour and the white helps to contrast the details on the poster a little better; I chose dark green text for the first poster for similar reasons.

The images used are from the client's website and were only used as placeholders.



I started working on this one last week, although I am unsure where else to take it. I was inspired by the patterns and designs that one may see on the floors or seats of places like arcades or the cinema. Like the poster designs, I chose blue because it is a calm colour that I figured would make the whole design feel calmer. Relying on shapes, proportion, placement, and lines, I was able to add objects to this design that would stand out without taking away from whatever other objects or text I may want to include in here. The black void with noise even works well as white space, as the detail that is there does not stand out anywhere near as much as the shapes do.



This was a random idea I had a little while back, and it's the oldest design I'm including in this post. I noticed that a lot of my other designs, like the previous three I discussed, tend to be cooler; lots of blue, white and darker colours tend to dominate those designs. It was because of this that I decided to try out a warmer design, and to make it in a way where I could have a blue object that still feels warm, almost like the blue part of a really hot flame. That one purple line even points toward the text in the lower corner, which is fairly insignificant and only exists to complete the design. 

This is my favourite design of the four, although that could be because it is the only one that I completely finished. I feel that it turned out pretty well for the most part!

Comments