How the Public Relations Program @ Mohawk has benefited me.

After graduating from the Marketing program at Mohawk College in 2017, I knew I wanted to study further into the field. Marketing is a topic I love to discuss and all the factors behind it intrigue me. What stood out the most to me was communicating with the public. I've grown up using social media starting with MSN and moving my way into Facebook as well as Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. In the Marketing program we discussed using the platforms as a way to engage with our audience but one topic stood out to me in particular, Public Relations. This is when I knew I wanted to study this field. After doing some research, I knew Mohawk had a great program focusing on PR and I have not been disappointed. Public Relations at Mohawk has been an incredible experience so far. There is a lot of hands on work involving programs such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and InDesign. These programs are challenging at first but the professors have been nothing short of excellent in helping you succeed in your assignments. After having several classes focused on these programs, I feel I can make and edit videos, prepare infographics, and even design brochures for a firm. The PR program has taught me these skills only in the first semester. I can't wait to see what the second semester holds and all the skills I'll learn by the time I'm finished. Public Relations at Mohawk College has been an excellent experience so far and I'm excited to see what the rest of the program looks like as well as my co-op placement.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMrtvvh_eLk (This is a video I made for our Premiere Pro assignment. Prior to this year, I had no knowledge of how to edit a video and the Public Relations program has taught me how.)

Comments