Completion of brochure assignment

The first semester of the Public Relations Post Graduate program is nearing an end, meaning that completing a brochure is in the midst of being done, and for some, is already complete. I had decided to make a brochure that surrounded the benefits and programs that St. Matthews House has to offer which was my client during the first semester. I noticed that this organization did not have an updated brochure to distribute to its potential clients and donors. The reason for a brochure is to communicate to a specific audience and purpose. I noticed that I could find a way to capture both those in need of help and those that can donate. Earlier in the semester we completed a project that analyzed a brochure. This made us aware of what makes a good one but also what is not needed and used to much in a brochure.



Next we were to complete the copy for the brochure. I tried to keep in mind that a brochure must have very little copy as 'less is more'. After reading the feedback I was able to condense the copy allowing it to be much easier and inviting to read.



Another key part to a brochure is the design aspect. The Graphic Design class taught us how to make it aesthetic. The key to this was simple pictures that blended with the overall brochure well. This project has touched on many different aspects of the PR program which I have enjoyed thoroughly. Creating advertising and marketing pieces is something that I have a passion for, and an assignment like this has furthered my knowledge to take with me looking in a future career.

Comments