Une visite à l'Agence - A tour to the Agency

  Hello  guys! As the name of my blog goes - PR with Zeus, I am guessing you can tell that I am Zeus, or as my Dad named me, Justus. Also currently studying public relations - Corporate Communications in Mohawk College, hence, my interest in the discussion of PR. Welcome to a new episode of PR with Zeus.

While lectures in class helps with defining and explaining certain things about PR, a little observation could go a mile. And like my father always say, "Observation is one of the best teachers," in this light, on the 1st of November, my entire colleagues in school, myself and our lecturer, Mr. Tim Tuck took a tour to three PR agencies - Birchall and Associates Inc, National Public Relations, and Maverick PR, accordingly.

How was the experience? In one word - ENLIGHTENING. My best experience during the whole trip was at National. There were lots of young adult like you and I doing the PR work, and it was one of the motivational factors for me.

What did I learn? I believe everyone's experience that day was unique individually. Personally, I got to see the importance of teamwork, critical thinking, and boldness, which are aspects of my life that I need work on. BUT I AM GETTING THERE, Ha ha!

Colleagues and I at National and their cool environment.


Maverick PR was inspiring in its own way too. The founder, Julie Rosciolelli previously worked at National PR before resigning and building her own business from the scratch. It was a battle for her, but her resilience and persistence showed its mark on Maverick today. They are a small team, but they are mighty. Btw, they are selling their current location for $7 million. Feel free to contact me for more details if you are interested.

Colleagues and I at Maverick.

At Birchall, which was our first stop, we were greeted very warmly by a dog whose name I can't remember, hence my apologies! It was a warm environment. We heard each employee talk about the challenges and rewards of agency life, how they approach clienteles and their creative process.

Colleagues and I at Birchall...and the dog whose name I cannot remember. Cool guy!

If you are enthusiastic about PR, like I am, take a tour and see what PR is and doing today. 'YOU NEVER KNOW'.

See you next time on PRwithZeus. 

Comments