Interveiw Gone Right

 I don't know why, but the placement requirement for the Public Relations - Corporate Communications course seemed daunting to me. Not only did you have to go out there and find someplace willing to take on a student but you had to interview for it and interviews are always daunting. 

Initially, I reached out to the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, hoping to find a placement in a field I was super passionate about. Unfortunately, they were in the process of hiring new people, onboarding them and different programs and they couldn't take on a student. Luckily, I heard about the opportunity to work with a local small agency started by a Mohawk Alum, The Public Relations Lab. 

I reached out with my resume and a cover letter and I had an interview set for the following Friday! It was on Zoom, which somehow made it easier for me. I was excited! I decided to go to a Starbucks by my house to do the interview, order coffee and wait for the interview to start. 

The interview went great! Hannah and I got along so well, and before we knew it, it was less of an interview and more of a conversation between two friends! At the end of the call we had another interview scheduled for Monday morning and I went into the weekend feeling confident! 

Monday morning I woke up to get ready for another interview and I had an email from Hannah, instead of another interview, she was offering me my placement! 

I may have been nervous about the whole process but I was overthinking it all, the process was smooth and easy. I'm so happy with how it all turned out, even after an initial disappointment. 




Comments